Product Development Engineer Intern
The Product Development Engineer Intern will be a member of Sourcing Unit Implementation Team (SUIT), as support of all tasks and activities of SUIT Engineers, acting autonomously in the development and implementation of solutions. You will be responsible for expanding and innovating technologies including processing routes to maximize Sourcing Unit throughputs and enable implementation of innovation/renovation program. You will participate in transitioning of projects from R&D into the supply chain, identifying potential manufacturing issues including special handling of new or unique ingredients, investigating new raw material and processing techniques to ensure, recent market innovations, as well as science and technology developments are delivered to support business continuity and growth and contributing to build processing capability in the region.
Location: Veszprem, Hungary
Veszprem site has an extension of more than 60.000 m2, including facilities dedicated to different scopes, including production, warehouse, tank park, offices, utilities, and general services.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
You’re a born leader…
Management of improvement projects in a fast-moving environment with many stakeholders requires the ability for independent decision making, constructive collaboration, managing expectations, and navigating tradeoffs for our customers (the factory). The position is responsible for assessment of technical feasibility of potential processes and identification of process-related items such as capital requirements and safety considerations.
You’re a dot connector…
Participates in cross-plant improvement teams. Develop strong partnership with plant manufacturing, continuous improvement, corporate engineering and union workforce. Supports root cause analysis on process and utilities issues.
You’re a culture and change champion…
You bring new Ways of Working to the Engineering community in our continued pursuit of the lowest installed cost. You execute projects by delivering the best Value without compromising any Values.
What’s more…the type of person we are looking for
- Engineering Studies preferably in the field of Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Industrial Engineering;
- Microsoft Office management at an advanced level (mainly Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Knowledge of plant P&ID is preferred;
- Aptitude for project planning and detailed engineering;
- Communication skills to manage external parties such as local contractors, suppliers and authorities;
- Extremely well-organized, precise and able to multi-task with excellent prioritizing and time-management skills;
- Ability to conduct an experimental program to generate relevant, high-quality data with subsequent data analysis and interpretation
- Strong technical skills with an interest in product development of consumer products
- Must have strong interpersonal, written/verbal and presentation skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and able to act as a team player;
- English proficiency and Hungarian mother tongue;
- Fast learner, open minded and growth mindset;
- Having a “Can Do” attitude and result oriented;
- Strong problem solving, goal driven and creative thinking skills and attention to details.
A better business. A better world. A better you.
At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We believe that Unilever is unlike any other organization. We seek long-term sustainable growth through responsible business practices and product innovation, providing our consumers with exceptional brand experiences, today and tomorrow.
To succeed in this hyper-competitive business environment, we need to move quickly, test new opportunities, learn rapidly and adapt our ways of working. To achieve this, we need people with a passion for digital, analytics and organizational change, who are not afraid to break convention and who want to be a revolutionary within our business.