Project Engineer Intern
The Project Engineer Intern will be a member of Technology & Innovation team, as support of all tasks and activities of Project Engineers, acting autonomously in the development and implementation of solutions. You will participate in managing end to end delivery of the site capital projects. These projects will encompass a wide range from safety, quality, infrastructure, savings, capacity, innovation, and equipment improvements. This position will schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion. Also, the incumbent will provide technical support to the day to day and reliability activities.
Location: Veszprem, Hungary
Veszprem site has an extension of more than 60.000 m2, including facilities dedicated to different scopes, including production, warehouse, tank park, offices, utilities, and general services.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
You’re a born leader…
Management of improvement projects in a fast-moving environment with many stakeholders requires the ability for independent decision making, constructive collaboration, managing expectations, and navigating tradeoffs for our customers (the factory). The position is responsible for cost estimating, analyzing options, building business cases, critiquing designs, managing construction, installation, commissioning, and handover with minimal supervision. You will be expected to lead other activities in our safety, quality, and continuous improvement programs.
You’re a dot connector…
Participates in cross-plant improvement teams. Develop strong partnership with plant manufacturing, continuous improvement, corporate engineering and union workforce. Supports root cause analysis on process and utilities issues.
You’re a culture and change champion…
You bring new Ways of Working to the Engineering community in our continued pursuit of the lowest installed cost. You execute projects by delivering the best Value without compromising any Values. The Project Engineer is a leader in this transformation while living our core values
What’s more…the type of person we are looking for
- Engineering Studies preferably in the field of Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Industrial Engineering;
- Microsoft Office management at an advanced level (mainly Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Knowledge of CAD drawing and plant P&ID is preferred;
- Aptitude for project planning and detailed engineering;
- Communication skills to manage external parties such as local contractors, suppliers and authorities;
- Extremely well-organized, precise and able to multi-task with excellent prioritizing and time-management skills;
- Interest in digitization and innovation, automation;
- Proactive, self-motivated and able to act as a team player;
- English proficiency and Hungarian mother tongue;
- Fast learner, open minded and growth mindset;
- Having a “Can Do” attitude and result oriented;
- Strong problem solving, goal driven and creative thinking skills and attention to details.
A better business. A better world. A better you.
At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We believe that Unilever is unlike any other organization. We seek long-term sustainable growth through responsible business practices and product innovation, providing our consumers with exceptional brand experiences, today and tomorrow.
To succeed in this hyper-competitive business environment, we need to move quickly, test new opportunities, learn rapidly and adapt our ways of working. To achieve this, we need people with a passion for digital, analytics and organizational change, who are not afraid to break convention and who want to be a revolutionary within our business.